So this begs the question, what is the status of the Indycar races this weekend? On track activity is scheduled to begin Friday morning, with a race on Saturday and a race on Sunday. But the question is, should Indycar and the city postpone the race until next weekend when the city has time to recover from this unforeseen incident? The safety of citizens and the well being of the city of Toronto come way before Indycar and a race that can be put off a week. The next scheduled Indycar event isn't till August 4th at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, so even if the race were to be put off a week, teams and staff would still get a valuable week off of work.
No comment has been made from Indycar on the situation or the condition of the track and its facilities. As of now, everything remains on schedule. Here are some of the photos that have been taken:
|Photo: Winston Neutel / AP|
|Photo: Frank Gunn / The Canadian Press|
|Photo: Mark Watmough|
Thoughts and prayers with everyone in Toronto and elsewhere in Canada experiencing hardships at this time.