Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Season Review: Graham Rahal

In a series of blogs that will be featured throughout the offseason, I review and talk about all 21 full-time drivers of the 2013 Indycar Season one at a time. I try to be as honest as I can in these reveiws, and I would like to hear your thoughts on what I say. Enjoy:

Graham Rahal
#15 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing

18th in points scoring 319 points.

Best finish: 2nd (Long Beach)
Worst finish: 25th (Indianapolis)

Best moment: Podium at Long Beach
Worst moment: Crash at Indianapolis

Grade: D


D is for disappointing. That is what sums up Graham Rahal's year. So much hype for Graham going to his father's team in offseason after an unsuccessful tenure at Chip Ganassi Racing, but Graham had an awful season. Two positive moments on the year for Graham was a great performance at Iowa and a stellar drive at Long Beach. I am not doubting Graham's talent for one bit, but geez he was just a no-show at so many races this season. I don't expect that from someone like Graham. That is why I am often so critical of him; I expect so much more from him. He won his first race in an Indycar. That set the bar. I expected that week-in and week-out. What has happened since then? Where did that Graham go? I want him back.

Graham has already began to hype up his chances in 2014, much like he did in 2013. What can we make of it? Not sure. He does have engineer Bill Pappas coming over from Dale Coyne Racing coming over, but will that be enough to turn around a terrible 2013 season?

Graham Rahal - 2013 INDYCAR Testing
A lot of hype for few results. I'm expecting better from Graham
and RLL in 2014 (Photo: Robert Laberge/Getty Images)


Stay tuned for P17 Takuma Sato!

-Matthew Hickey

No comments:

Post a Comment