Monday, April 16, 2012

Round 3 Power Rankings: Teams

Here are the powering rankings following round three at Long Beach. Number next to team represents change in rankings based off of last rankings:

Biggest Mover: Dale Coyne Racing (+8)
Biggest Loser: Chip Ganassi Racing and AJ Foyt Enterprises (-3)


1. Penske Racing 0
Three for three, Penske is showing no signs of stopping. Hello 2012. The other half of the Death Star has blown up, and because of that, Roger must have a rye smile.

2. Schmidt Hamilton Motorsports 0
Time to expand to a two car team, maybe sign Bourdais to bring the French Connection to life.

3. Andretti Autosport 0
Great weekend for them minus Marco getting airborne. Graham may be bagging on the Andretti name, but Michael should point out that two of his drivers are kicking Graham's ass.

4.Panther Racing +1
We haven't gotten to the ovals yet and this team is starting to scare me. They are doing well on the road courses which is where they sucked last year. They will be in the top ten at the end of the year if they keep this up.

5. KV Racing +1
Barrichello was doing great until he got Helioed. TK drove how I expect TK to drive on a normal basis. Viso had a rough day but I expect him to bounce back in his native continent.

6. Dale Coyne Racing +8
There we go. That was the team performance that I was expecting. Although the results didn't show it, they were running P4 and P5 at one point. Good job by them.

7. Chip Ganassi Racing -3
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm laughing because I'm trying to figure out A) Who Chip is going to blame B) Who Chip will buy off to fix the current problem. "Hello Mr. Barfield, have you met my friend named Benjamin?"

8. Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing 0
The team did great. The driver did great. You can't get mad at him for going for it. Looking at the replay, Dario did have more room on the inside to go. Oh well, you live and you learn.

9. Rahal Letterman Racing 0
I JUST WISH THEY COULD FINISH HOW THEY WERE RUNNING IN THE RACE! My lord, they'd be top five in the standings if they could finish!

10. AJ Foyt Enterprises -3
Another failure some sort for this team. But what what sucked was when they had Chevy against the wall, them and their defending TGPLB winner Mike Conway did not qualify well. I expected a top four qualifying effort.

11. Dragon Racing -1
Bourdais walled it. I expected more out of him. I'm just anticipating that Legge will finish last every race from now on.

12. Dreyer and Reinbold Racing 0
Servia had a decent weekend. Just wish they would be in something other than a Lotus so Oriol could prove his worth.

13. Bryan Herta Autosport -2
Another poor run. EJ said it was Tags's fault, Tags said it was EJ's fault. Without a replay, it is tough to tell. Either way, they were off the pace all weekend.

14. Ed Carpenter Racing +1
Someone should strip them of their Chevy engine, they aren't worthy.

15. HVM Racing -2
My oh my.... Poor Simona.

Let me know what you all think.

-Matthew Hickey

1 comment:

  1. "Hello Mr. Barfield, have you met my friend named Benjamin?" <--- hahaha. It wouldn't surprise me if Chip were to actually say that.

    ReplyDelete