Friday, February 24, 2012

My Danica Prediction

*Note that the reason I am doing this is to have my opinion on the record so I can come back to it periodically throughout the season:

You know when you get a pebble in your shoe, and you want to get it out but you keep walking the hopes that it gets better? And then when you take it out and start you walking again, you know that feeling? That feeling of being happy and relieved? That is my terrible segway in how I feel about Danica going to Nascar.

And with the Daytona 500 on Sunday, the world will be watching Danica and how she races. Here is my prediction:

Danica will do very well and might even win the 500. If she can stay out of trouble and finds a drafting partner, there is no reason she can't do well.


Will Nascar be better off with her?

Now, I am not saying the Daytona 500 doesn't take skill to win, but it takes a different set of skills to win, and those skills aren't applicable to the other tracks in Nascar. So although Danica might do well at Daytona, I predict she will do very poorly in the remaining races of the season.

Question is, would Indycar fans and the Series take her back?

What do y'all think? I value your opinions.

-Matthew Hickey

No comments:

Post a Comment