Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Twitter + Indycar = Everyone wins

In the short two months that I have been on twitter, I've noticed something. There is nothing greater than the Indycar community on twitter. Whether it be the drivers tweeting to the fans, teams answering questions, @Indy44 breaking any and all news to everyone, debates as to which driver is better than the others and where they will end up, and the list goes on and on. There is something amazing about twitter. I have had the privilege of meeting some great people as well as being lucky enough to have some drivers tweet at me.

But the best thing about twitter in my opinion is meeting up and coming drivers. If not for twitter, I would have a tough time connecting with drivers who are moving up the ranks through Indy Lights, USF2000, Star Mazda, etc. Through twitter, I now know drivers like Sage Karam (@SageKaram88), Shea Holbrook (@SheaRacing), Connor DePhillippi (@CDePhillippi11), and many more. Drivers like them are the future of racing, and now normal fans like me can get a jump start on getting to know them before they even get to the big time. This creates a win-win situation for drivers and fans alike.


-Matthew Hickey

No comments:

Post a Comment